The Jubilee Place Concert Hall is an acoustically excellent concert facility located on the campus of the Mennonite Brethren Collegiate Institute Inc (MBCI). It was completed in 1987 for the purpose of providing the school, constituency and community with a medium-sized concert hall suitable for a large variety of events. Jubilee Place is ideal for band and choir concerts, musicals, dance, recitals, stage productions, and group meetings. More information can be found in the below downloads.
- Tiered seating, up to 623 seats. Many wheelchair accessible seats, as well as some parking spots near the ramp to the main entrance.
- Large backstage area (stage left) and access to some classrooms from the school.
- Massive stage, big enough for the symphony or dance competitions. Backdrops can come forward to make stage less deep if desired.
- Awesome natural reverb.
- Beautiful Bosendorfer 9' grand piano and excellent acoustics for orchestral and choral shows.
- Lighting - basic stage wash with coloured enhancements available.
- Sound - system is included in rental fee - adequate system for most shows.
- Lots of parking, but still come early - the two gyms at MBCI are also super busy and parking can be challenging at times. There are 8-10 spots around the back of Jubilee Place that are often forgotten about.
- Jubilee Place Concert Hall Brochure
- Jubilee Place Concert Hall Agreement
- Jubilee Place Seating Map (full page)
Request more information or a quote:
Elwood Wiebe / Sarah Goethals